"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Friday, February 23, 2007

We received a tremendous teaching on "Tithing" today and I was greatly moved. I know that a great many Believers out there do not believe that tithing is scriptural. I know that my finances started turning toward the better when I began to trust God (more than myself) with His resources several years ago and I'm not going to argue with success. I believe that we have a Biblical instruction to give the "firstfruits" of our rewards and, as for me and my house, we will continue to do so.

I Googled "tithe" and discovered that tithing, according to Google searches, is 23% mandated and 67% just plain wrong. (I ignored all the Roman Catholic sites and others that were seeking donations or sales and focused this analysis only on teaching sites and essays.)

I have found that when the house is stacking up against a tenant of God's Word, it's usually wise to take the leaner side! I'll keep tithing and I'll raise my family to do the same. I'll also keep studying the issue and I'll post the link here so that you can listen to the teaching and see what God places on your heart.

Grace Point Church: What the Bible Does and Does Not Say About Giving to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment