"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Chuck Swindoll mentions 1 Corinthians 16:13 as a charge to men, to dads.

Verses 13 and 14 state, "Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.".

This is a man in the faith, alert, standing rock solid, not confused about who he is, strong and unwavering, uncompromisingly filled with the love of God for those around him.

I want to be like this. Father God, help me to be like this.

Help me to keep my mind, my eyes, my ears open to the truth and to not be misled in any thing, by anyone. Help me keep watch over my family and friends.

Help me keep my feet firmly planted on The Rock. The Truth has set me free, hold me up that I may not waver in any direction.

Father, I want to be the man You designed me to be, confirmed in You.

Give me the strength to endure the trials that beset me and to give a solid arm to those who need the same from me.

Help me to love, my God, with a pure and undefiled passion that overflows of Your love. Help me to be slow to anger and quick to forgive. Help me show my wife and my children You, working in me.

Help me Lord, to be a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment