"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I’ve looked at many studies, lessons, teachings, and ministries over the past months, part of my ongoing quest to define and align my walk as a believer and to discover the closest possible definition of the specific path that our Lord has for me and for my family.  The resources available to us today are overwhelming in their abundance and it is a great joy to be able to listen to so many great teachers of the faith!  Care and caution must be exercised and I’ve managed to trip myself up a few times along the way (the enemy lays many, many snares and pitfalls!) but have discovered and re-discovered a number of delightful paths, amazing insights, clearly delivered exhortations  and simple Christian truths.

Today I was looking at Hank Hanegraaff’s “The Bible Answer Book for Students” and came across two fairly clear and concise articles defining reasons for attending church.  I want to share them with you for your enjoyment and consideration.

Must Christians Attend Church

How Do I Find a Good Church
 

Teaching – Fellowship – Worship – Prayer – Proclamation – Oneness – Community – Witness – Contribution – Equipping – Worship

Show me a man who knows the Word of God and I’ll show you a man who talks the talk; show me a man who knows the God of the Word and I’ll show you a man who walks the walk.” ~ Joe D., resident of Dominguez Prison

No comments:

Post a Comment