"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Monday, January 26, 2009

"slain in the spirit"

Would someone show me a Biblical justification for the "slain in the spirit" phenomenon prevelant in so many charismatic churches today?

Please keep in mind that I am not being critical or judgemental; I have seen many wonderful expressions of God's power in the past few years, and have even experienced this myself.  The issue I am pondering is whether or not it is of God or of something else.

Here's a central question to consider, "If God is knocking them down by His power, why do we think men are needed to catch them?"  Would God purposefully hurt them as a blessing?

Biblical, thoughtful and compassionate responses only please!

No comments:

Post a Comment