"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Friday, June 05, 2009

reflections of the mind kind

A young man of my aquaintance recently made a comment that, in essence, led me to consider that he thought much of his intelligence.  I have been chewing on the concept that some persons consider their God given gifts something to hold high, wave as a standard, lift before the masses.

I believe I am a rather intelligent person, but I must admit that of my four brothers and sister I suspect that I am the weaker thinker of the array.  Of the five of them, some are unquestionably brilliant, but you will not hear them allude to it; that would be a weak minded option.

The spiritual, physical and mental gifts we enjoy, and hopefully put to productive use, are from God.  He designed us, shaped us and molded us into exactly what He envisioned.  His gifts are not attributable to us and so we consequently have nothing to brag about. 

Even those who subscribe to "evolutionary chance" must logically admit that they had nothing to do with the shape and content of their personal attributes.

Our choices and ambitions may define our character and our contributions, but none of us has a reason to be prideful of our beginnings; they are without us.

To God be the glory, forever and ever.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment