"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Saturday, December 12, 2009

sometimes i need a 2x4 to the head

My family loves to joke about my propensity for cracking my skull on car doors, shelves, walls and basically anything I approach from below or besides, suggesting even the permanent wearing of protective head gear.   In the searing pain of the moment immediately following one of these skull crackers I don't find the comments amusing, but I do understand their merriment is stimulated by their concern for my well being and by the scary site of me clutching my head and groaning, crying, cursing in agony.

This time it seems, I have cracked my head one time too many.

For several weeks I have been suffering an intermittent tenderness of my scalp on the left side of my skull, sometimes relatively mild, sometimes throbbing, often not at all.  The last week or so, however, the pain has been unrelenting, throbbing and frequently blinding in its intensity. Stubborn person that I am, I finally gave in to the reality that the pain was stronger than my will and set off to see my doctor.

He says that I have  damaged the C20 nerve from just one of these skull crackers, that the damage is permanent and that my two choices are to live with it, or have a shot that will kill the nerve, leaving me with an uncertain level of "buzzing" or "tingling" on that side of my head.

I am sitting here now, with an ice pack on my head, held in place by a  colorfull knit tobogan hat, attempting to dull the pain which has kept me up most of the night.

I have one of two roads to take, medical care or God's touch.

I have reflected tonight on how at earlier times in my life my faith was strong enough that I called on God to heal me, expecting Him to act, and He frequently did just that.  I have seen God  heal me, heal my family and heal many others.  It works today as it did in "Bible Times", no difference.

I have prayed about this but I sense that the strength of my faith is in need of a workout, a toning up, a renewal so to speak.

Brothers and Sisters, I covet your prayers.  Not only prayers for a release from the pain of this injury, yea, even the injury itself, but for the continuing prayers that God's will pervades and prevails in my life, His will be done and mine diminished.

Pray for my lovely wife and my beautiful daughters.

I'll do the same for you.

May God keep you well.

Mark 9:20-24  They brought the boy to Him. When he saw Him, immediately the spirit threw him into a convulsion, and falling to the ground, he {began} rolling around and foaming {at the mouth.}  And He asked his father, "How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, "From childhood.  "It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!"  And Jesus said to him, " 'If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes."  Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, "I do believe; help my unbelief."

Rom 4:19-22 Without becoming weak in faith he contemplated his own body, now as good as dead since he was about a hundred years old, and the deadness of Sarah's womb; yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.   Therefore IT WAS ALSO CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment