"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Thursday, February 23, 2012

billy gibbons says,

How should a man handle growing older?

"Grow a beard and make friends with a a good hat.  It will be a companion that doesn't let you down."  ~ Billy Gibbons, published in Men's Journal, Dec. 2011/Jan. 2012

I've got a great hat and I think I'll re-grow my beard.  I don't know if it'll ever be as long as Billy's but at least it won't scratch my girls' faces!

"Grow a beard and make friends ..."  David knew that living together in peaceful fellowship, "in unity", was a blessing of purpose designed by God.  It's not always easy, but it will always end up as the better way to live.

"A Song of degrees of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!    It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore."  ~ Psalm 133

No comments:

Post a Comment