"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Thursday, November 15, 2012

to my (far left wing) liberal neighbors

I am trying to understand your logic, but, so far as I understand, it defies understanding.

You call me a "hater" because of my belief system.  You take an alternate point of view than my own, and then label me with derogatory, demeaning, hateful labels.  You call me a "hater" because we disagree, but you are the person displaying hatred, toward me and toward others who believe different than you.  The intolerant and hate filled person here, clearly, is not me.

You label me as a "homophobe", "a person who fears or hates homosexuals  and homosexuality"*, with absolutely no indication, realistic inclination or justification that I fit that description, simply because I choose to believe and follow (try to follow) God's Word, The Holy Bible, which does not preach hatred toward anyone.

You label me as a "racist" because I don't like or agree with President Obama's political ideology, when no evidence exists to show that my dislike of the President has anything to do with his skin color.  The obvious person making this a racial issue is you, not me.

Are there ignorant, bigoted, racist, idiots who vote Republican?  Sure; just as there are ignorant, bigoted, racist, idiots who vote Democratic!

Are there folks who label themselves "Christian"  (on all sides of the political spectrum) who display a totally un-Christian, un-Biblical attitude toward others?  Sure, and I don't care for them any more than you do, but I don't hate them.

Reason and logic dictate that there are various of demeanors, attitudes, perspectives and views on every side of the political spectrum. No one label fits all; so how about backing up, slowing down the hate speech and showing just a bit more tolerance yourself?

Thanks,

Steve

* http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/homophobe

No comments:

Post a Comment