"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Sunday, June 22, 2014

"your own wickedness will correct you"



""Your own wickedness will correct you, and your apostasies will reprove you; know therefore and see that it is evil and bitter for you to forsake the Lord your God, and the dread of me is not in you," declares the Lord God of hosts."  ~  Jeremiah 2:19 (NASB)

God points to all of us who have stepped away from His will, engaged in the pursuit of our own means and sought after self rather than seeking his will for us.

In seeking after the lusts of the flesh I have become fat and distracted.  In following pride and arrogance, I have become lonely and bitter.  In pursuing the means of the world, I have become purposeless and unfulfilled.

Lost ground can not be regained, but new ground may be limitlessly plowed.

I praise God for awakening in me a new heart, and a renewed purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment