"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Monday, June 18, 2007

Funny how things churn .....

When I was in the Police Academy in '89, our instructer told us on the first day that as folks became aware that we carried a badge, 50% of our "friends" would stop being our friends. That mostly came true.

I found it interesting that when I became a follower of Jesus, a born again believer, the number of disappointed friends and family was a similar, if not greater percentage.

Mat 10:32-36 "Therefore, everyone who will acknowledge Me before men, I will also acknowledge him before My Father in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven.

Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household.

Jesus told us that would happen, but that knowledge doesn't always immediately lessen the pain of separation.

Pro 18:24 A man with many friends may be harmed, but there is a friend who stays closer than a brother.

The interesting thing is that I now have more friends and a MUCH larger family than I ever dreamed possible, and these friends and family, for the most part, can be counted on to BE THERE when life gets tough!

Rom 8:28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.

Funny how things churn .......

No comments:

Post a Comment