"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Monday, August 27, 2007

I will dwell in the house of the LORD

Psalm 23, A Psalm of David.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he guideth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me: thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou hast anointed my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Surely my cup overflows!

I have been blessed with an abundant life. I have a family, a home, a job, food to eat, clothes to wear and a roof over my head.

I have two hands, two feet, two eyes, two ears and a mind that may be fashioned to Christ's own!

I have this body, that while suffering wear and tear, is restored from time to time.

I have time and opportunity to serve. I have resources beyond measure to use for God's glory and to advance His kingdom on this earth.

I have heard the good news.

I have believed and received His great gift.

... and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment