"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Saturday, February 02, 2008

"As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves in all your behavior; because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY"." 1 Peter 1:14-16

Author Jerry Bridges, in his book "The Pursuit of Holiness" states, "God has called every Christian to a holy life.". He defines holiness as, "nothing less than conformity to the character of God".

"Your eyes are too pure to look on evil, and You cannot tolerate wrongdoing." Habakkuk 1:13a

God is holy, does not consider evil, always does that which is right and just.

He is the standard.

I wonder how the gaps between my family and I, and everyone else around me, would be bridged if I took to heart, to purpose, the mandate to walk in a Godly character all the time.

My family would be blessed to see God emulated and I would be blessed to see my family following an example to live a life in pursuit of Godlike character.

Father God, help me to consider your heart before I open my mouth to speak. Help me to consider your holiness before I take a step in any direction.

I know that I shall be misunderstood-understood, ridiculed and persecuted for standing for your righteousness. I know that those who remain "in ignorance" will not fathom you and will not understand your perfection.

Help me, Lord, to be unbending and unyielding in following you; not without mercy or compassion, but without compromise.

Help me, Lord. to be that beacon of light you designed.

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness, because the kingdom of heaven is theirs. Matthew 5:10-16

Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and falsely say every kind of evil against you because of Me. Be glad and rejoice, because your reward is great in heaven. For that is how they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt should lose its taste, how can it be made salty? It's no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled on by men.

You are the light of the world. A city situated on a hill cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket, but rather on a lampstand, and it gives light for all who are in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment