"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

in Him I have a shelter

"How happy is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered! How happy is the man the LORD does not charge with sin, and in whose spirit is no deceit!

When I kept silent, my bones became brittle from my groaning all day long. For day and night Your hand was heavy on me; my strength was drained as in the summer's heat. Selah Then I acknowledged my sin to You and did not conceal my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and You took away the guilt of my sin. Selah

Therefore let everyone who is faithful pray to You at a time that You may be found. When great floodwaters come, they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; You protect me from trouble. You surround me with joyful shouts of deliverance. Selah

I will instruct you and show you the way to go; with My eye on you, I will give counsel. Do not be like a horse or mule, without understanding, that must be controlled with bit and bridle, or else it will not come near you. Many pains come to the wicked, but the one who trusts in the LORD will have faithful love surrounding him. Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous ones; shout for joy, all you upright in heart." Psalm 32 (HCSB)

Unconfessed sin; in my silence I feel the weight of guilt bearing down onto me. The Lord's hand heavy upon me, reminding me that there is something we need to discuss and bring into the open.

Giving up, I turn to God and confess what He already knows; He has been waiting to hear me admit my transgressions. With my honest admission relief comes like a wave. I open my mouth and my heart to my God and He removes the oppression of my stubbornness, my deceit, my disregard for His instruction. He forgives.

In my God I find release and relief, in Him I have a shelter, a peace, a joy, His comforting presence.

He reminds me that He has plans for me, structure, progress, purposeful travel. He whispers to me and I incline my ear to His voice. He corrects my stubbornness and reminds me that faithfulness is rewarded with understanding, His love encompasses me and brings my heart to song.
I shout out, "I am loved by the God of All Creation! He knows my name!"

I am His anew, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment