"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Monday, September 01, 2008

As the lines between the two major political parties draw closer together, it becomes ever more difficult to make an informed choice between candidates.

For me, it used to be such a clear choice.  The Republican party once stood for most of my personal beliefs:  the sanctity of life, small government, personal responsibility, freedom of religion, the right to keep and bear arms, reduced taxation, etc..

The tragedy of the attack on the World Trade Center seems to have escalated the change of policy where I find myself more and more in disagreement with the GOP.  I celebrate the removal of Sadaam Hussein from power but I just can not figure out why we are still in IRAQ.  I watch as our local politicians and those in Washington, on both sides of the fence, become more corrupt with each tick of the clock; neither side stands for righteousness.

I can't find anything in the Democrat Party with which to side.  They stand for the death of unborn children, celebrating and promoting immorality, gun control, huge government and taxation, impowering irresponsibilty, racial impowerment and the oppression of Christianity.  Some say they want to vote against the party of President Bush because 4000 American soldiers have died in Iraq since the war began; yet these same voters will vote to enable the daily killing of 4000 unborn children.  Lunacy or planned unrighteousness?

I will have to make my stand on a couple of issues and trust God for the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment