"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Friday, October 09, 2009

engage in the war

All hoopla aside, I don't think it really matters whether President Obama could, would or should accept or reject the Nobel prize, and it is really not a slur or a kudos on him that he "won" it.  Did he do anything to deserve it?  Not in my opinion, but in the opinion of the Nobel judges he did.  In the overall scope of things, it just doesn't matter to me who gets this prize; someone I like or someone I don't.  It has never mattered to me before and it doesn't matter now. 

Does anything about President Obama matter to me?  Abosolutely.

The President of my country stands against everything I hold dear:  God, family, freedom, morality and justice.  But, at least for the next couple of years, he is my President.   I don't have to like it; I do have to accept it.  Planned initiatives: work that much harder for his opponent in the next election, attend town halls, make lots of phone calls and write many letters making my opinion heard by those who have been elected to represent me.  I suggest you do the same.

By the way, for those among us calling for the Presidents resignation, you want Joe Biden as President?  C'mon, are you kidding me?

For the believers among us, engage in the spiritual war that rages around us.  Engage.

No comments:

Post a Comment