"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Saturday, August 14, 2010

ground zero mosque

Should they or shouldn't they?

If we look at it from the perspective of "Land of the Free", "Equal Opportunity" and "All men are created equal", then we must not even blink.

When I consider the "freedom of religion" aspect of this great nation, I think we must stand back and not begrudge them the same freedom we all enjoy as Americans.

When I look at it from the perspective of these Muslims, who are showing incredibly poor taste, a divisive "stick it in your eye" mentality and a "we could not care less what you think" attitude, then I start to simmer a bit.

When I consider that so many of our "Let's give America away" politicians are in support of it, my simmer starts to bubble.

When I come to the inevitable conclusion that there will not be one thing good to come of it and that the sidewalk in front of it will be populated by protesters for years to come, I start to settle a bit.

If they think they will be able to peaceably enjoy their new building, I think they will be in for an unwelcome welcome by the people of New York City and visitors to the area.

America, we thrive in adverse times and the bond of freedom brings us together when needed.

I believe there are millions of "paper" Americans who want this country destroyed, to look like all the other countries, to lose it's unique individualism, "for the good of mankind",  and I know there are millions more off our shores who are wringing their hands in gleeful anticipation of the potential signing of treaties that will make their laws our laws.  This too will come, so long as talking-sticks like President Obama, Michael Bloomberg, Oprah Winfrey, nancy pelosi, Harry Reid,, and countless other anti-patriots are in positions of power and influence, preaching one sided messages of  "tolerance" for their one-sided views only.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, however, I'm going to help my country by maintaining awareness, voting my positions and helping in any way I can to enlighten others to the blessings of One Nation, under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for ALL!.

No comments:

Post a Comment