"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Thursday, August 26, 2010

let the trouble simmer and die

"For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer contention quiets down." ~ Proverbs 26:20

Strife and contention pass our way constantly; wisdom demands that we allow it to pass harmlessly by.

Contention, gossip, the inevitable human conditional need to be "right", all cause harm, both to those engaged and to those in casual attendance.  A "glancing' blow" wounds innocent ears.

Proverbs 26 highlights the heart of a contentious fool and gives us a remedy for avoiding the conflict.

Avoid the fool; let the fire die alone.

And if you see yourself in the verses?  Prayer always helps.

"I said, "I will guard my ways that I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth as with a muzzle while the wicked are in my presence."" ~ Psalm 39:1

"Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips." ~ Psalm 141:3

No comments:

Post a Comment