"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Monday, September 13, 2010

I wonder ...

My youngest daughter and I watched an interesting show yesterday, "30 Days".  The premise of the show is that one person will live someone else's life, walk in their shoes, for 30 days.  The episodes watched yesterday from the first season, concerned a Christan man from Virginia living with a Muslim family in Dearborn, Michigan and a young couple living on minimum wage.

I recommend both episodes, available on Netflix, if you have it.

The episode concerning living as a Muslim was eye opening, to say the least, and should lead to some thoughtful discussion; the episode of living on minimum wage took me back to my first year in Texas and the eerily similar struggles to survive.

Netflix
30 Days

I was intrigued in watching my 11 year old daughter's face  as she watched these two episodes and look forward to the dialogue as we get opportunity to compare the "virtual" display with real time examples of life in America, not always pleasant, not always as black and white as we sometimes paint it to be, and for a great many Americans, a struggle just to survive from day to day..

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something I would enjoy watching. I will have to Netflix them!

    ReplyDelete