"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Friday, February 25, 2011

the slim factor

I am looking forward to a day when ya'll  might call me "Slim".

Yes, I know its a long way off, but I've been called so many other things in my 57 years on this planet that I'm excited about the prospect! LOL!

I looked at Weight Watchers idea of my "healthy weight" of 174 pounds; a total loss of 137 pounds. WOW! That's a whole 'nuther person I'm walking around!

In six weeks I've lost 23.8 pounds for an average of about 4 pounds per weeks. If I can maintain this rate, I will reach 174 pounds in about 28 more weeks, the first week of September, just before my eldest daughter turns 18. I would love to give her the birthday gift of a streamlined Dad!

Even if I only average 2 pounds per week loss, by next April, at the age of 58, I will be in much better shape than I was at 48 and maybe even 38!  What a delightful thought!

Two things must happen for me to reach that goal.

I must stay focused on continuing my path to a "healthy eater" lifestyle and I must incorporate regular, meaningful exercise.

I know that some of you might think that I should just stay watchful of the short term goal; 5#, 10#, 20#, 30#, etc., and there's wisdom in that, but, I'm a dreamer!

I can already see myself running and jumping again, chasing kites, dancing the night away, shooting hoops, having all the fun of a stronger, enjoyable body. I get a big smile just thinking about it!

Yep, I'll surely trip up a few times on the way, but I'll make more positive steps than negative, I'm thinking.


God didn't me here to watch my feet disappear, He put me here to walk for Him, and walk with enthusiasm again I shall!  It's going to be a fun journey!

You're all gonna be with me at the end and we'll all celebrate together!

See ya,


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment