"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Friday, April 22, 2011

delusional?

It's not uncommon to hear lost folks refer to saved folks as "delusional"; the irony does not escape us.

1Co 1:18  For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

So often I wish that I could easily explain the concepts of God, the reality of our world, the inescapable truths to those who can not begin to understand, as I also could not before, in a manner that would be quickly understood, believed and accepted.

Each time I watch "The Matrix" I ponder the similarities between this fictional "reality" and the same unreality that exists here for those who are not lined up with God's Holy Spirit.

How do you explain to the "Neo's" of this world, that there is another existence, more real than can be imagined, but not attainable until one lets go of "reality" and steps out in faith to receive the unimaginable existence that is God's grace unfolding?

How do we get them to "take the blue pill"?

We don't.  We just tell them what we know to be true, prayerfully and with tenderness, and allow the Holy Spirit do His job, warming the heart and mind of those who are called.  We know He will, because He did the same for each of us in His family.

Awakened, reborn, alive.

1Co 13:12  For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.

No comments:

Post a Comment