"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Thursday, March 01, 2012

"Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace."  ~ Leviticus 10:3 (NASB)

"Then Moses told Aaron that this was exactly what the LORD had meant when he said: "I demand respect from my priests, and I will be praised by everyone!" Aaron was speechless."  ~ Leviticus 10:3 (CEV)

All too often, those of us who call ourselves by the Name of our Lord, act and speak in manners contrary to biblical teaching.  We have a sacred responsibility to act in a manner that reflects a Holy God, not in a manner that detracts from Him, both for us and for those who watch us.

As Aaron seemed to be in the passage noted, we should be ashamed of ourselves and seek His forgiveness for current transgressions and His help to prevent future failures of the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment