"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

facted points

Our life is like a precious stone, containing many aspects, many facets.  These facets combine to produce the whole, and, like a precious stone, each facet produces a distinct point of light, a sparkle, when exposed to the light, radiance produced when the whole is moved and turned in its entirety, some producing brighter sparkles than others.

Upon reflection, I have seen my life, my gem, become dull, non-radient.  I have have allowed myself to de-evolve, working and sleeping and enjoying few of life's enjoyable moments.  Time for a change!


fac·et

  [fas-it]  Show IPA noun, verb, -et·ed, -et·ingor especially British -et·ted, -et·ting.
noun
1.
one of the small, polished plane surfaces of a cut gem.
2.
a similar surface cut on a fragment of rock by the action ofwater, windblown sand, etc.
3.
aspect; phase: They carefully examined every facet of theargument.
4.
Architecture any of the faces of a column cut in a polygonalform.
5.
Zoology one of the corneal lenses of a compound arthropodeye.

No comments:

Post a Comment