"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Friday, July 31, 2015

clean before claim

David had committed adultery and murder.  In seeking forgiveness, he recognized that he needed this spiritual cleansing for himself, and that he would be able to, with a clean heart, minister and witness to others.  When we walk with the stain of sin on us,  our character bleeds through, our walk is tainted and our witness corrupted.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, And sinners will be converted to You."  Psalm 51:10-13

If we want to draw people to Jesus Christ, we must first look like Him, live like Him, act like Him, and love like Him.

We rely on His Holy Spirit within us to forgive and guide, leading us to fulfill His plan for our lives, to impact our family and neighbors.  As Jesus walked, so shall we.


No comments:

Post a Comment