I've been reading article after article advising the same principles to be put into place as we move into the "Obamanation of Democrat Control and Spending."
1. Don't spend money on anything you do not NEED, conserve financial resources, fix things which are fixable and do not replace. Money is going to be very tight in the near future. Learn to make do with what you have and create those things you will need.
2. Begin gathering supplies and simple food stuffs in anticipation of a highly inflated economy and shortage of goods (We are gathering dried beans, rice and canned meats, i.e., things that only need water and heat to cook). If your local store closes due to transporation failures, do you have enough food in your house to last a month?
3. Simplify your life. We have become a nation of leisure spenders and most of us would starve to death if left to our own resources. Learn to live with less; you may have to!
4. Reduce or eliminate debt.
5. Maintain a ready supply of cash.
6. Arm yourself and teach your family the principles of home defense.