"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Friday, October 07, 2011

growing up; its never too late ...

Honor Thy Father and Mother

Whew!  AS "NOT the world's greatest dad", this article was both sobering and painful,  looking at the journey to adulthood from both sides of the walk.   I remember my tumultuous late teens and I was certainly not the best of sons, or much of a brother either, and too much of my youthful pride and arrogance continues today.  I struggle to be a "good dad" and am painfully aware of how much I am often off the mark.

This was an especially interesting moment to catch this article as it twitted across my view; I had some hard words with my big girl today and I regret many of the cross words that were spoken between us and the unspoken thoughts that always linger afterward; "I wish I had said..."; "I wish I had not said ...".

Dads and moms, look at yourself as you were, or maybe wanted to be.  Am I reflecting "Honorable"?

"How does a person navigate him or herself into adulthood and maintain a healthy respect for their parents? That was the difficulty Jamaal was experiencing when he entered my office."

Young'uns, let God speak to your heart and mind.

Honor Thy Father and Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment