"The nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes." ~ Ezekiel 36:23

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

meeting my expectations

So, here's the thing; I will never find a politician who meets all of my expectations and agrees with all of my personal philosophies, and neither will you.  I haven't even discovered a "Founding Father" who meets all of my points!

The best we can hope for is to find candidates who agree with most of our key issues.  The best we can do, in voting with a logical, emotionless participation, is to make a list of issues that are important to us and seek out those who agree by the largest percentage.  The alternative is to not vote at all.

I admit I tend to vote predominately Republican and that's because the party platform, both locally and nationally supports most of my hot issues.  I have voted for Democrats on occasion, primarily for local Judges and county law enforcement, and a Libertarian here and there.

I believe in God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Joseph and I believe in His Son, our Lord and Savior Jesus.  I will not support any candidate who is not ready to fight to protect my 1st Amendment right to worship freely and to exercise my beliefs in peace.  The argument about the "separation of church and state" is not supported by the Constitution of the United States.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."  ~ The First Amendment to The Constitution of The United States

I am wholeheartedly against abortion and I will not cast a vote for any candidate who has shown a history, inclination or vocalized support for abortion.  If all the candidates for a particular office support the legalized sanction of fetal murder, I don't vote for any candidate.

I favor candidates who take a tough, no nonsense stand on crime and punishment.  When the laws of our land are not enforced by pacifist judges, weak prosecutors and ineffective local law enforcement, i look for someone who is not afraid to speak up and stand for public and personal safety.

I support the Second Amendment right of citizens to freely own, possess and carry guns. I believe every moral minded, law abiding, mentally sound American should be carrying a weapon at all times.

If you study the early periods in our history and culture (pre-1900)  you will find a minimal presence  of violent crime against individuals and society.  Justice was swift and hard and folks felt, and were, for the most part safe in their homes and communities.   Crimes were few and criminals were swiftly caught and punished.

"The society of late twentieth century America is perhaps the first in human history where most grown men do not routinely bear arms on their persons and boys are not regularly raised from childhood to learn skill in the use of some kind of weapon, either for community or personal defense − club or spear, broadsword or long bow, rifle or Bowie knife. It also happens to be one of the rudest and crudest societies in history, having jubilantly swept most of the etiquette of speech, table, dress, hospitality, fairness, deference to authority and the relations of male and female and child and elder under the fraying and filthy carpet of politically convenient illusions. With little fear of physical reprisal Americans can be as loud, gross, disrespectful, pushy, and negligent as they please. If more people carried rapiers at their belts, or revolvers on their hips, It is a fair bet you would be able to go to a movie and enjoy he dialogue from the screen without having to endure the small talk, family gossip and assorted bodily noises that many theater audiences these days regularly emit. Today, discourtesy is commonplace precisely because there is no price to pay for it." ~ Samuel Francis via Jeff Cooper's Commentaries Vol. 1, No. 1 2/53

It was an armed populace that freed us from the tyranny of an oppressive King and it is an armed populace that helps to keep the wolves of foreign aggression from these shores.
     I believe that parents were designed by God to make decisions for their children and that this is not up for discussion.  Any candidate who supports the abdication of parental rights and forced indoctrination of immorality in the public school systems will not get my vote.

    I believe that the idea for this nation was sound, that the Constitution is a workable ethic and that those who would desire to live here, in peace, should subscribe to the same.  Those who would enjoy the freedoms of living in America and who are ready, willing and able to abide by the laws of the land are welcome. Immigration is not a hot issue with me, but I understand the strain of financially supporting the non-tax paying residents of our nation and I look for candidates who offer sound, compassionate, workable solutions to the problem of illegal immigration.  I believe, at a minimum, that candidates for citizenship in the United States should be able to read and speak English to the degree necessary to comprehend and follow the laws and customs of our country, to complete legal forms (drivers license applications, etc.) and to vote using the same ballot I use.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment